Monday, May 7, 2012

Week 5: Music, Massage, and a Few More Miles

This week we celebrated a birthday, attended a concert and a fair, and had a fun family visit. We also managed to get some miles in, including a 5k race. So all in all, an awesome week!

Our youngest son R had his birthday on Cinco de Mayo, and both sets of grandparents decided to come into town to help him celebrate. Saturday also happened to be the day our town shut down Mill Street for a local craft fair, and we all had fun checking out booths filled with everything from cupcakes to quilts to jewelry. After the fair we had a great dinner, and then headed off to our oldest son B's spring concert. Nana's lemon cake was a delicious and fitting end to the day!

I also want to mention the deep tissue massage I had on Friday. This is the second massage I have had since our training started, and I am planning to keep up with the habit every 4-6 weeks (or as needed). My massage therapist is really able to work out all of the knots and sore spots, and believe me, I have plenty of them! I am hoping the regular massages will help with injury prevention; I also hope Chris can join me for one of these soon.

Sunday morning we participated in the March of Dimes Run for Babies 5K and had one of our fastest times yet! Though we are certainly not training for speed, it is still special to achieve a personal record.



Our weekly stats:

Tue  5/1   2.01 miles in 19:14  (on trails with a new running group Chris found)

Wed  5/2  3.04 miles in 31:11

Thu  5/3  2.16 miles in 20:32

Sat  5/5  45 minutes of walking

Sun 5/6  3.12 miles in 27:17  (this was a very hilly course, and I still doubt this time, but that is what we were told)

Total mileage:  10.33 miles

Thanks for reading!

1 comment: